Abstract: Every Indian household has Rice as their staple food without which the essence of a meal remains incomplete. Today, there are so many variations in rice too and health-conscious people are very selective about the type of rice they intake. You might have noticed and tasted brown rice many times, but not many of you must have listened about black rice. So, let us take some wisdom about the same.
What is Organic Black Rice?
Rice is a culinary staple in each of our pantries. We might have variations like Brown rice, Jasmine rice, White rice, etc. but the one that is often overlooked despite being the most nutritive among all is organic black rice. It is probably due to the lack of understanding and nutritional information about it. One thing that is for sure is, anything that is produced organically must be healthy and pure, unlike adulterated products. Because organic products are made without the use of any chemicals or additives and are strictly monitored from the sowing stage to the packaging phase. The nutritional content of the food item remains intact and its original essence is not lost in the process of manufacturing.
Imagine, you stand a chance to have something that is purely organic and the best in nutrition in a single place! Organic black rice is one such rich variety that is of supreme quality and holds multifarious health benefits. But, before that, what is black rice? Often referred to as 'Purple rice’ or 'Forbidden rice’, this variety of rice is medium-grained that emanated from China and other Asian regions about 10,000 years ago. The specialty that drives it to stand out is its shade which is the result of a gene mutation process just like in eggplant. The rice is black when raw but turns a bit purple in the shade when cooked because of the anthocyanin pigment present on the outer layer of the grain. The taste of the rice is benign, nutty flavor, analogous to that of brown rice. It also has an extremely chewy texture, so it is often utilized in porridge, puddings, rice cakes, etc. Additional information for people who avoid gluten food items is that black rice is inherently gluten-free. So anyone and everyone can devour it guiltlessly.
Nutrition Facts About Organic Black Rice-
Purple/Forbidden rice has a lot of setting in motion for it from a nutritive standpoint. To begin with-
- Organic Black Rice is slightly opulent in fiber and protein content and lesser in calories as compared with brown rice.
- It is made up of wholegrain, so this makes it more nutritious than white rice.
- It is an excellent source of protein.
- Rich in antioxidants that help to prevent the body's immune system.
- Organic black rice has nutrients such as iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, molybdenum, manganese, and selenium.
Black rice is a great addition to the meal due to its nourishing value and texture. Always look for an organic food brand that is genuine with the nutritional information they convey on the back of the food products.
Health Benefits Of the Forbidden Rice -
Some rice assortments are more nutritious than others, and the Chinese acknowledged the fact years ago that black rice is at the canopy of the wholesome rice list. The list of health benefits of organic black rice is long, but let us keep it short and crisp with major benefits.
- It is Gluten-free and organic- Black rice is inherently gluten-free, so it is an amazing option for gluten-intolerant people. Also, eating up black rice might assist in removing the digestive issues linked to devouring gluten food products for most people.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties – It has been noticed that black rice stifled inflammation while brown rice did nothing. There is amassing proof that demonstrates that black rice might be a restorative food choice for the therapy and prevention of disorders associated with chronic inflammation.
- Good source of protein – It has more protein content than the usual brown rice.
- Has antioxidant properties - Black rice has the highest antioxidant capability than any other rice variety due to the presence of Anthocyanin which prevents diseases like Alzheimer's.
- Good for Heart- The anthocyanin present in black rice helps to enhance cholesterol and triglyceride levels in our body which is good for the heart.
- Prevents skin infection - The elevated antioxidant range of black rice is useful in safeguarding the skin from sun crevasse and aging.
And the list goes on! There is so much to it that the entire research can only justify the awesomeness of organic black rice. While not as ordinary as other varieties of rice, black rice is spaced-out in antioxidant action and comprises more protein than brown rice. So, consuming it may deliver several health advantages, incorporating strengthening eye and heart health, safeguarding against specific forms of cancer, and assisting in weight loss.