Turmeric is not only spice to color foods, it has been used for ages to make medicines for curing flu, itching, and cholesterol also depression. This food-coloring spice contains yellow-colour chemical called curcumin, used for colouring foods and cosmetics. Turmeric has a warm, bitter taste used to flavor or color curry, dal, and mustards. Turmeric root is used to make medicines to cure conditions like inflammation, pain, heartburn, stress, and liver disease. Top organic food companies in India like Natureland Organics says that turmeric heals wounds, swelling (inflammation), and aids in robust immunity.
Uses of Turmeric
- Osteoarthritis– research says that consumption of turmeric with other herbs aids in remitting pain and enhance function in people with knee Osteoarthritis.
- Depression– According to research, curcumin a yellow colour chemical in turmeric aids in remitting depression symptoms.
- Build-up of fat in liver (who drinks little or no alcohol) – research says, people who consume turmeric extract have seen reduction in liver disease whose liver is not damaged by alcohol. Turmeric consumption also prevents build of more fats in liver.
- Hay fever– consumption of curcumin aids in reduction of hay fever symptoms like sneezing, itching, runny nose, and congestion.
- Diabetes– turmeric may impede diabetes in people with prediabetes.
Turmeric usage also cure many disease and problems like-
- Muscle sore caused by exercise
- Joint pain
- Symptoms of menopause
- Pain after surgery
- Scaly, itchy skin
- Premenstrual syndrome(PMS)
There are several ways in which we can add turmeric in our diet. Turmeric should be pure and free from chemicals. You can buy Organic Products Online India from Flipkart, Amazon, and Bigbasket. Turmeric also known as (haldi) is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. The yellow colour spice is magical used by our grandmother in curries and milk. Turmeric is also used for curing cough and cold, it is used in face pack for skin brighting and to boost immunity. Turmeric can be used in many ways like-
Turmeric powder mixed in dal or curry
Turmeric tea (turmeric powder and honey) aids in boosting immunity
Turmeric milk – helps in healing wounds and cure flu
Turmeric with black pepper to cure cough and cold
Turmeric mixed with besan( gram flour) and honey (used as face pack to reduce tan and acne)
We can use turmeric in many ways, aiding our body to cure and enhance. Use turmeric powder ½ spoon daily in your food and herbal drinks.