Besan (gram flour) is made from dried chickpeas which are ground and made in powdered form. Besan is most common in Indian cuisine, best for making mouth-watering snacks like pakodi, besan ka barfi, and curry. Besan is gluten-free, high in protein content, and best for diabetic people. Besan is not just good for health, it benefits our skin too. From older times people are using the besan pack for cleansing skin and face, which aids in remitting suntan, acne, and oily skin. Certified organic brands in India recommend people to use pure besan which are certified by the government as they loaded with high nutrition and amazing benefits. Besan is loaded with profuse key nutrition like Magnesium, calcium, iron, and many other crucial anti-oxidants. The top 10 health benefits of besan are-
- Hinders heart problem and Anemia
- Remits allergies by gluten
- Aids in weight loss and fight weakness
- Remits skin issues like suntan, acne, and nourishes the skin
- Aids in controlling blood pressure level
- Removes dandruff and aids in making hairs shiny and robust
- Has anti-inflammatory properties and aids in good sleep
- Benefits in pregnancy and blood pressure
- Lessens the risk of breast cancer
- Improves brain health and robust bones
Organic food brands in India say that besan is Gluten-free which is best for people having allergies from gluten. It is loaded with profuse benefits conducing you to control your weight, impedes heart issues and health disorders like autism, an autoimmune disorder, and herpetiformis. Consuming food made of besan like – besan chilla,missi roti, pakora, curry, bread toast, besan laddoo, and gatte ki sabzi also besan barfi aids in remitting many chronic diseases keeps our blood pressure at level, and robust our immunity and lower diabetes.
Besan not only benefits our health, it is magical on our skin and hairs too. In older times our grandmother used-
- Besan, Curd, and turmeric
- Besan, curd, turmeric, lemon or honey
This pack helps to clean the face and body for soft and healthy skin. Applying besan pack on face and body and washing it off after drying aids in clear skin and remits suntan, acne, oily skin, and clean pores deeply. Besan also benefits your scalp and hairs, applying
- Besan and curd
Remits dandruff, keeps your scalp healthy and provides healthy and shiny hairs. Applying this pack on hairs once in a week and wash it off with mild shampoo gives you healthy and luscious and makes your strands thick and robust.
Here are some recipes made from besan which you can prepare in breakfast, main course, sweets, and snacks.
- Breakfast- missi roti, bread pakora, and besan ka chilla
- Main course- besan bhindi, kadhi chawal, and gatte ki sabzi
- Sweets- besan ke ladoo, besan barfi, and besan halwa
- Snacks- khandvi, paneer tikka, dhokla
All these recipes are healthy and palatable providing all the essential nutrition and health benefits, satiating your hunger pangs and benefiting your overall health.
Oil is been the part of cooking from ages, augmenting taste and health benefits. There are different types of Oil in every kitchen cabinet like- Mustard oil, sunflower oil, Coconut oil, Groundnut oil, and seasame oil. Cooking oils hike taste and textures of your food, consuming oil lubricates skin, and also encourage in regulating hormones. Oils in your food assist intestine to imbibe Vitamins like A, D, E, and K and store them in your body fat. Oils are used to cook food, preserve them and also benefit our skin and hairs.
The types of oils mentioned above have their own aids and nutrition, but the oil we consume daily should be pure and free from preservatives. In market we find many types of oils, but they are not pious, so buying organic oil benefits your health are they are pure. You can buy organic food in India from Flipkart, Amazon, and Big basket in reasonable price.
- Mustard Oil is one of the oil which is being used from Ancient times for their healthy properties, rich in Omega-3, Vitamin –E, antioxidants, and remitting Cancer. Mustard oil pacify sinus, enhances blood circulation, and impedes dandruff and hair loss. This oil can also heal cracked heels and dry skin if massages once a week. Including this oil in your regular diet aids heart health and remits cancer risk too. This oil has anti-viral properties, fights against infection and is anti-fungal. Mixing equal amount of coconut oil and mustard oil aids in enhancing skin tone, eradicating dark spots and tan. This oil also heals cold and cough, cleaning congestion from respiratory tract, hindering sinus. Mixer of warm mustard oil with 2 to 3 cloves of garlic and rubbing them on your feet warms your body and cures cold.
- Sunflower oil which is a vegetable oil is free from cholesterol also plant based oil. This golden, light and healthy oil is low in saturated fats also good source of mono and poly unsaturated fat. Being rich in Vitamins A and E, these vitamins acts as antioxidant and promotes healthy skin with lustre and fades acne. This oil acts as natural moisturizer aiding in recovering sensitive and dry skin. We can also use other oils in our food like Mustard oil, Olive oil and Groundnut oil. We can mix other oil too in our food to make them healthy and dainty.
- Groundnut oil– groundnut oil is also known as peanut oil, as they are made peanuts which are rich in Vitamin E and antioxidant, aids in protecting against chronic disease. Top Organic food companies in India says that groundnut oil provides good fat too if consumed on moderation, good for heart health, lowers cholesterol level, and the unsaturated fat in groundnut oil enhances blood sugar level in those with diabetics. Groundnut or peanut oil is loaded with profuse nutrition like Vitamin E, monounsaturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, Omega-6 fatty acid, and phytosterols.
- Sesame oil- sesame is of two types white and black, white sesame oil is commonly used to cook food. Sesame oil is good for heart, contains sesamol and sesaminol, these two antioxidant benefits our health and may also control blood sugar level. Consuming sesame oil in moderate quantity shields our body from UV rays, and may treat Arthritis, also heals wounds and burn. Sesame oil also benefits our skin and hairs. It also enhances our sleep quality and if massage daily it aids in remitting joint pain, legs and arm pain.
Ragi is also known as ‘Finger Millet’ is a super grain that is supreme in fiber, calcium, and natural weight-loss food. Ragi has become prominent in the last 2 decades because of its high nutritional value; ragi is a good source of good carbohydrates, possessing all the pivotal nutrition like fats, protein, fiber, also vitamins and minerals. Ragi is gluten-free loaded with Vitamins C and E, which boost our skin, hair, and immunity. Ragi has a minus level of cholesterol and sodium which conduce in heart wellness. When you buy ragi online or from your near store it should be pious and free from preservatives, so the best choice to make is going organic. You can buy organic food in India from Flipkart, Amazon, and big basket.
Ragi can be added to your daily diet in breakfast and lunch, like preparing chilla, pancakes, and cookies for your breakfast and mixing ragi flour with wheat flour for preparing roti or making bread with the mixture for lunch. Ragi is full of fiber and protein which conduce in better digestion and gut health. The benefits of consuming ragi or ragi flour is-
- Impedes diabetes
- Augment production of mother’s milk
- Treats anemia
- Impedes hair fall and dandruff issues
- Retrench acne and boils
- Cure pigmentation
- Possess anti-aging properties
- Loaded with beneficial amino acid
- Soothe constipation
- Nervous system booster
Organic food brands in India recommends women who are pregnant or just gave birth should include ragi in their diet because ragi amplifies milk and lactation, providing calcium and iron to young mothers and expecting women. Consuming ragi daily robust bone health in growing children. Being supreme in calcium also strengthens gum health and teeth. Being high in fiber ragi keeps your digestion healthy by treating constipation, and kidney disorder. People who are allergenic to gluten which is found in wheat should go for ragi because ragi is gluten-free. Adding ragi to your breakfast is the best food because they are filled with B-complex vitamins, protein, calcium, Vitamin C and E, and antioxidants.
Consuming ragi roti, halwa, pancakes, dosa, chilla, cookies and porridge conduce your gut health and intestine. Making porridge using ragi flour in breakfast is best for weight management and skin health. You can porridge using ragi flour-
- 2 tbsp ragi flour
- 1 cup milk
- Few almonds and cashew (crushed)
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp honey or sugar
- Boil milk in a pan and keep the flame medium
- After milk gets warm add ragi flour and stir it continuously
- Stir till the flour gets mix in milk and no lumps are left
- Add crushed almonds and honey or sugar
- After the porridge is ready, switch off the flame.
- Take out porridge in a bowl and enjoy this palatable and healthy breakfast.
When we talk about health, we think of healthy foods, zestful life, exercise, and stress-free life. A healthy lifestyle comprises good food, the right sleep, and blissful life. Your diet plays a pivotal role in maintaining your health and immunity, so toting good carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals, and fats. Portioning your food on your plate in the right amount conduce you to lead a healthy life. The top 10 organic food brands in India say that one of the top superfoods to add to your diet are Pulses, which are supreme in protein and fiber also a good source of Vitamins and minerals like- magnesium, folate, and iron also zinc. Pulses enhance eyesight, constipation, and aids in bodybuilding. They are highly nutritious and enhance our diet quality, pulses like- kidney beans, chickpeas, green peas, split lentils (all types of daal- arhaar, moong, and chana), split grams, etc.
Pulses play a crucial part in our diet, consuming pulses daily not only robust your immunity but also improve gut health and digestion. Eating kidney beans and chickpeas with rice, roti, or making any dish with them not only enhances your health but makes your dish palatable too. Pulses are loaded with high protein, anti-oxidants, and iron which conduce in sharpening memory, shielding from muscle loss, and provide good eyesight. Pulses like lentils and legumes aids in maintaining blood sugar level, robust our eyes and bones, and rich in phosphorous and magnesium. The food we eat should be free from preservatives and pious, in the market the pulses are colored and impure, buying organic food is going to ensure your health and future. You can buy Organic food online India from Flipkart, Amazon, and Big Basket. The benefits of consuming pulses and adding them to your diet are-
- Good for heart health– consuming pulses; beans and lentils daily shield our body from profuse problems like heart attack and cardiovascular problems. People who eat pulses daily have a low risk of cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Controls hunger pangs– people who frequently consume pulses and beans feel less hungry because being high in fiber and protein, the starch in them satiates our stomach. Pulses also aid in weight loss and digestion.
- Retrench risk of cancer– being supreme in anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory agents they retrench the risk of cancer. Lentils contain selenium which remits the rate of tumor growth, and also amplifies our immunity.
- High protein-protein aids in repairing your body cells and building your body and pulses are best in them. Having 1 bowl of pulses daily robust your immunity, body cells, and stabilizes your glucose level. Also high in amino acid pulses is best for workout people and people who want to shed extra weight. They are also high in folate and this vital nutrition conduces in making red blood cells. Pulses also aid in fighting free radicals in our body and impede neural tube defect in women during pregnancy.
Salt plays pivotal role by savouring in food and enhancing taste. On average, Indians consume 10grams salt a day which should be cut to 5 grams recommended by WHO (World Health Organisation). Salt is a mineral which is essential for our body in minute quantity, consuming salt plays vital role in maintaining our health and regulation of fluids in our body. Certified Organic brands in India says- Salt contains Sodium and chloride ions which aids in functioning nerve and muscles. Salt comes in different type – table salt, Himalayan rock salt, and black salt. In the past few years’ regular or table salt is being avoided by many because of its unhealthy making; they lose their nutritional value due to intense bleaching and refining. The reasons to use Himalayan pink salt are they are good source of iodine and iron oxide.
Salt resolves many health issues if eaten in minute quantity and best quality. Himalayan pink salt or rock salt enhances digestion also your insulin sensitivity, and impedes sudden blood sugar spike. Salt also aids in proper functioning of thyroid, aids in hydrating your body, and enhances the symptoms of cystic fibrosis. Salt should be taken in very less quantity only for making food palatable.
Organic Food producers in India advices people to use Himalayan Rock Salt instead of regular salt because regular ones are fortified. Pink salt consumption manages blood sugar, and hormonal balance also confirms proper flow of fluids in our body. More benefits of Pink Himalayan salt are:
- Boost energy
- Remits muscle cramps
- Remits the sign of ageing
- Remit issues of sinus
- Enhances metabolism
- Boost brain health
- Promotes healthy bones and healthy sleep
- Aids gall bladder health
- Augment hydration
- Promotes healthy pH balance of the cell.
Salt not only savours food but also aids in preserving foods for longer period because they are natural preservative. Foods such as pickles, meat, dairy, beef jerky and smoked salmon. and many other foods are preserved for many years. When refrigerator was not invented, people used salt for preserving food. You can also place Himalayan pink rock salt lamp in your room as this lamp regulates your sleep, refreshes your mood also purifies air. This salt is calorie free, fat free and cholesterol free. Pink salt is loaded with 84 essential minerals and acts like a detoxifier.
Peanuts also known as ‘Mufali’ in India, is eaten widely all over world, supreme in protein, good fat and low in carbs. Peanuts are legumes which are mostly eaten raw and roasted; they are also called groundnuts and earthnuts. Peanuts prizes itself similar benefits as tree nuts like almonds, cashew and walnuts. Peanuts are high in nutritional value, good for your heart and best for weight loss; it also impedes risk of heart disease. Organic food producers in India says that peanuts are loaded with protein which keeps you fuller for longer period aiding in weight loss. Peanuts are excellent source of fiber, vitamin E, folate, and carbohydrates.
The benefits of consuming Peanuts are-
- Keeps your heart healthy
- Remits the risk of gallstone
- Remits diabetes risk (type 2 diabetes)
- Remits inflammation
- Impedes cancer issues
Many items are made from peanuts which are peanut butter, peanut oil, flour and protein. Peanut butter is eaten widely with apple, bread and on roti. The butter has high nutritional value aiding in weight loss, providing high protein content and best for gym person. You can make peanut butter at your home too.
½ kg peanuts
Roast peanuts in a pan. After cooling them put them all in a grinder (mixer), grind it for few minutes and halt it for 10 seconds in every 2 minutes. After few minutes you will see that peanuts have left oil, and being grinded well. After being grinded, take out all the butter in a jar and add little salt and 2 spoon honey, then close the lid and put the jar in fridge.
Organic food producers in India says that Peanuts can aid in lowering cholesterol, stroke, and the one who ate handful of peanuts daily have lived long and healthy life. Peanuts are eaten as snack, they are added in Poha, Upma, bhel muri( puffed rice), biryani, cuisine, and cakes also desserts. Peanuts are loaded with various Vitamins and minerals like biotin, Vitamin E, phosphorus, and niacin. Through peanuts you can make healthy snacks at home like ‘peanut chikki’.
Chikki is very famous in India which is high in protein and best for weight loss. Chikki is made from roasted peanuts, jaggery, and ghee (optional). Jaggery should be pious and free from preservatives because in chikki jaggery plays a vital role for keeping chikki fresh for longer period. Jaggery keeps your body warm and healthy, this sweet snack can be eaten any time.